View Single Post
Unregistered 01:28 PM 10-23-2010
QualiTcare - I love your way of thinking. Sure, there might be the occasional parent who'd rather do anything else BUT care for their child, but I believe that number is extremely small.

I've been a dcp for many years, & it has been very rare that I have run into a parent who'd rather work than be with their own child. And how could I positively KNOW this anyway? Do I see them 24 hours a day? Do I have special x-ray vision capable of knowing their inner thoughts? Of course not. I only see these parents for minutes of each day - minutes when they are hurrying off to work or tired at the end of the day, and hurrying in to get their child before running home, making dinner, doing laundry, paying bills, etc. Even though I speak to them and some stay longer than others, I have no idea what they are thinking, what they do every weekend, what other responsibilities they have. And that is none of my business. I certainly won't label someone a bad parent because they feel they need complete solitude to clean their house (and I understand that too) or love having every Monday off - 100% kid-free. It's my job to care for their child and that's what they pay me to do. That's it. I have no business judging someone else's parenting skills based on what they do on their off-days or off-hours.