View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:38 AM 10-25-2010
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I had a family once that came right at 7 a.m., and picked up right at 5 p.m. (my hours exactly). This was at the same time that my oldest turned 16 and started driving. He came home from practice at 4 p.m. every day. One day he saw a car sitting a block away and noticed it was this dcd, just sitting there. After seeing this for a few days he pulled over, tapped on the window, and asked if there was a problem (good kid, he was concerned). Dad said, no, I'm just waiting until your Mom closes, so I can pick up the kids. Needless to say, we had a nice talk about this. I made them feel very guilty for leaving their children long past the time when others were picked up. Sometimes I just scratch my head over the thought processes of folks.
OMG!! That is sooo funny! The family I mentioned in my post must be related to your early family because the little girl in my family (she is Kindergarden) told me the other day that her and her mom sometimes drive around the block in the morning waiting until I open. I don't live in my daycare house so they are basically driving around aimlessly waiting until I arrive. I get here at any time after 7 a.m. and don't open until 7:30 but they are always here seconds after I arrive, no matter what time I get here and now I know why...they are just driving around til they see me get here and then come over!! It does make you scratch your head....but it is funny!