Thread: Refund Policy
View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 10:50 AM 04-01-2013
Originally Posted by EAP:
I only require two weeks notice for termination - but most of my families pay a month in advance - I don't want to end up having to give a refund - does anyone have a policy in their handbook that addresses this or should I eliminate monthly payments and only accept up to two weeks of payments?
If your termination policy 2 weeks and a client pays a month in advance then gives you a 2 week term notice, then you are obligated to pay the remainder back.

Either change your policy to include a NO REFUND policy or stop accepting a month of payment in advance ... whichever you want to do.

I personally would not feel right keeping any money that I had not earned other than my 2 week term notice period. Even if the client did not bring their child the 2 week term period allows me to not lose income during those 2 weeks while I look for a replacement client so that I feel is fair ... keeping an additional week or 2 of child care fees past the 2 week term period doesn't feel right to me especially if I won't be taking care of the child during that time.