View Single Post
e.j. 05:53 PM 03-28-2021
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
The scariest part is the not knowing how it'd affect you.
This is definitely the scariest part. Our next shot is scheduled on a Sunday. I'm hoping I won't have to close that Monday but will be warning my dc parents to have a plan B in place just in case. My dd has been dealing with Lyme Disease for the past 13 years and I am more concerned about how her body will react to the second shot than I am about the rest of us. I haven't heard of any particular problem with LD sufferers but she's got enough going on that she doesn't need anything else to make her feel worse physically.

Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Our # are increasing in Vermont. Between nursing homes, correctional centers and schools, we're getting a lot of new cases every day. Pair that with people appearing out of the woodwork due to better weather, feeling safer due to vaccines, more face-to-face classes, and I think people are so sick of being cooped up plus figure if they haven't gotten it by now.......... # are going to jump for awhile longer.

I'm just going to keep to my extreme introverted ways.
Same here. The site we went to was one of the "mass vaccination" sites set up by the state. It was located in a very large shopping mall and although we're also experiencing growing numbers of Covid again in this state, the parking lot and garage were packed full of cars. We didn't go into the mall itself but my dd did the day before when she was looking for the vaccination site. She said she felt very uncomfortable with the number of people inside the mall itself; it was way too crowded. I get that people are tired of being cooped up. I just wish they could/would tough it out a little longer so we could stop going through these surge cycles.