View Single Post
meli829 10:02 AM 02-21-2011
After much deliberation I am closing my daycare. I am mentally and physically exhausted and pregnant on top of it all. I'm too timid a person to enforce my policies and so I end up being taken advantage of constantly and no matter how clear I make my policies, they aren't respected. I'm done. I know things will be tight for us financially, but the extra money is not worth putting myself and my daughter through this. I find I spend so much time tending to the other kids that I barely get time with my daughter as is and I know if I were not closing, I would regret it some day as I cannot ever get this time back with her (she's 9 months).

I'm sick today, and my husband is home today for half the day as he came home to help out, but we have been discussing this for quite a few months and I have finally decided that I will give them two weeks notice effective today.

I have three families, two of them will pick up at 3:30-4:00 so I don't have much time left to decide how to do this. Should I just tell them verbally, have something in writing or what? I'm dreading this so much, and I know there is no way I can say it that will make it easier on them.

Any advice?

Thanks