View Single Post
sharlan 02:41 PM 10-12-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
Your state childcare licensing agency most likely already has your information public since it is public record. I suggest you post your general location or cross street and not your address.

I understand you wanting to keep your children as safe as possible while also acquiring potential clients. In reality if someone wanted to find a victim child they would not go through the trouble of searching out daycare facilities IMHO. It is the vulnerable child that is walking home alone that is most at risk.

When I was four years old, I was across the street from my home when a man drove up and opening the side door of his car asking if I wanted candy. The fact that my mother had just told me to never talk to strangers is what saved me. Prevention and a secure environment is what are most effective. Being aware of your environment and making your children aware of potential hazards is what is needed. I know we want our kids to live a blissful life but the world can be a dangerous place at times.
OT - I had a friend,as a child, who was taken out of her stroller at her Mom's side while Christmas shopping.