View Single Post
MNMum 07:20 PM 01-31-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I wasn't a minivan person either until I got the Toyota Sienna (8 seater). No joke, we take that thing everywhere ... it's been to Vegas 5 times in 6 months packed with 6 of our unruly friends (8 of us all together). The last time we went to Vegas only 5 of us went total so we opted to take our Infinity G35 and our friends were sorely dissapointed that we would not be taking the "stretch" ... for stretch limo (my van has been dubbed this nickname by our friends, the van is white).

Anywho, yes it fits 8 passengers and I have managed to fit 3 carseats in the 3rd row no problem ... however, they are Britax Decathlons (a pretty penny) because they have narrow bases. I bet the Brittax Marathons would also work. I am not sure that all three would fit in the 2nd row but it would be worth a try. I like these caseats because they're convertable and will work for kids from infants (can be used rear-facing or forward facing) all the way up to booster age kids (5lbs to 70lbs). I do however have a rear facing infant carseat in the 2nd row of a different brand and can't manage to squeeze 2 booster seats in the same row with that infant carseat. I love these carseats because no matter what age they are in my DC, they can use them. My 7yo refuses to sit in one though so she uses a booster seat now that she has to go back in one until she's 8. I do love the van, it has great gas mileage. Not as good as our car but deffinetely better than our truck and deffinetely better than my friend's Expedition (she does DC also).
I have never tried fitting all three of my Brittax carseats in the 2nd row but maybe the next time I pull the seats out I'll try. Next Vegas trip maybe??
You can fit 3 carseats easy in the 2nd row. I have an easier time in the 2nd row than the 3rd. We also truly love the versatility of this minivan. Every friend who has driven it has loved it. We've even turned those non-minivan types on to minivans with it! The only thing my husband complains about is that it does not have dual climate control like the Honda. I'm a freeze baby...he is NOT!