View Single Post
Cradle2crayons 11:57 AM 04-25-2014
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
I've considered this, and it would probably be more appealing to some parents, but I worry that they may think I'm skimping on changing a diaper to save money? KWIM? I started supplying wipes this year because I just got sick of the shuffle and ended up using mostly mine anyway because they were easier and what I liked. So I picked up a case at Costco and just supply my own now. Diapers are so expensive that I don't know I could do that at the rate I charge now. As it is I have one who eats gluten free and that adds a pretty penny to my food budget which already is higher than it could be because we use a lot of Organic and local foods when we can. Some people like Huggies, some like Pampers, some like the earthy natural ones... I can't make everyone happy so that's one thing I won't supply at this point but this definitely makes me want to consider it more. Gauge now many diapers I go through per day per kid and how many sizes... It just seems like so much extra expense. I can't imagine someone who charges less per day doing it.
I provide this service to parents as an OPTIONAL service for an additional charge. All of my parents take me up on it. It's made my life so much easier!!!!!

No, all of the kids don't use he exact kind. I only have one kid that needs a special kind because she will break out. I provide pampers for her and Huggies for the rest.

And no they don't all wear the same size.. 3 of my 4 are in diapers. One wears a size two, one wears a size 4 and one wears a size 6.

I figured out the price based on the average of approximately 30-35 diapers a week and base that off of the cost of a case etc.

I actually end up making a dollar or two profit a week per child on my diapers charge lol. Not on purpose though.