Thread: Pop Tarts
View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 06:02 AM 07-29-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
You know how growing up you assume that everyone else lives the same life as you and then as you grow up and meet other people you slowly find out that you do some things differently than everyone else. Growing up we could never have the Pop-Tarts with frosting on them, because that would be dessert, not breakfast. Not that we got Pop-Tarts, with or without frosting, all that often. So pretty much they were a delicacy. Anyway, when you toast the unfrosted Pop-Tarts, putting butter on them is pretty much the only way to go. The butter melts into the crust, it's great all around.

Lately I've been finding out that putting butter on Pop-Tarts is greeted with a near universal "huh?", followed by a semi-universal, "wait, what? gross." Not sure why no one else I've talked to lately has ever done this. Probably because they only eat frosted Pop-Tarts. It's rare to ever see more than the strawberry flavored Pop-Tarts in the unfrosted form these days, although I did happen upon some unfrosted blueberry about a month ago. Anyway, I think they are great, and I encourage you to try it out.
My family was the same way! And everyone looks at me like I am a weirdo, including my husband! We put butter on them because it is awesome fresh and hot with melted butter. It is the only way I eat them and I cannot stand those new flavors, like ice cream sundae and chocolate chip cookie dough...too sweet for me!