View Single Post
Abigail 10:59 AM 02-07-2011
I would start interviewing! Look for your sub, who you can trust and who you will pay. I would offer minimum wage and I'm sure you'll find someone for a short time. Who knows, maybe a grandma wants to help out for a few weeks. I would personally close for at least 1 week just to be home with baby. Then, reopen with my sub and relax for another 2 weeks. Does that sound reasonable? So, you close for one week and then have a sub for 2 weeks after that. If you can, try to find volunteers and have them help out before baby arrives. If you're due in the summer, I would call your high schools and ask for the child devlopment director/teacher because they may offer it as "extra credit" for next year's students if they volunteer 40 hours total or something. I did a class like that, I needed 120 volunteer hours to count as a credit and I did it over the summer. It really was a summer class credit I earned just in general. It is worth the call and see what you can work out with the high school child development teacher. This way, you can have help come in before hand and a sub for a week before and then close for the week and open again with your volunteer and/or sub for 2 more weeks or even longer if you can afford and stand extra people in your home.

BTW: Congrats!