View Single Post
Unregistered 11:24 AM 08-09-2012
I also want to thank the OP for posting this, as lately I've been feeling almost exactly the same! I feel like I've completely lost control over these kids and they just don't listen and I HAVE to raise my voice so that they actually listen. I can feel my bp rising through-out the day and end most days with a headache. It's not that they are naughty so much, just that I feel like a broken record just about every day. I don't discipline the dck's with spankings or violence..but I've noticed that my fuse is so much shorter lately and my own ds has gotten more spankings that he probably should have had (which that in itself makes me want to cry just saying it). It's a relief to know that I'm not entirely alone in feeling like this and that there are others who can relate to this very overwhelming feeling. I hadn't thought about depression until a pp mentioned it, but I think I will definitely look into it as I was diagnosed with it after the passing of my mother, and also postpartum (of course that was 3 years ago now). I just want to be able to have a good day with the kids, where I don't have to raise my voice at all. I think part of the problem is that I just feel stuck and helpless and...out of control I guess.