View Single Post
Darling 01:34 PM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by daycare:
Don't take that personal. I think it looks great.

I have a small house and make it work too.

I hope I didn't hurt your feelings I just wanted to point out things that I saw that I might not be thrilled with if I was a parent or safety issues.

You'll do great, it takes while to get kids.
No feelings hurt. Just saying we can't really change our home. We started the daycare because I was having a hard time taking my kid to care and then going to work. This seemed to be a good compromise. I love kids, I love caring for kids. I just am having a hard time convincing others to give me a chance.

There seem to be quite a few providers in our area. We are 2 blocks from an elementary school so I think that's part of it. I wish I could get my name in front of those school kids parents some how but the best I can do is hang signs on poles that get removed.

As for networking, I'm in a local group on Facebook but I can't really find a productive way to spread my name beyond that. I'd love to get into a network where we can refer to each other but I can't find one. I would prefer kids 3 and under, and other providers prefer older or after school, etc.