View Single Post
Cat Herder 07:58 AM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
So do the kids still eat with parents at night? It seems like going from dinner at 2:30 to breakfast at 9 the next day is a long time. Or maybe that was a snack? I can’t see the post in my phone for some reason.
I don't see why they would not. Most don't get home until after 6 pm (many centers don't even close until 6), then they have to cook dinner so kids would be eating between 6:30-7:30 pm. 5 hours is a long time without something to eat during waking hours for kids.

When I worked in a center it was common practice to give kids a little something so that they could secure them in a highchair to mop the floor a few minutes prior to closing.

The rules state kids cannot be in high chairs unless they are eating, so tossing a few cheerios on the trays gave them the ability to strap them in and call it a snack but the true goal was to mop the floor so they could get out of work on time. It was the only way since some child was always still in the room at 1 minute to closing and the director would crawl all over you if she could not walk out and lock up on time. Overtime was treated almost as a crime.