Thread: Sitter City?
View Single Post
daycare 01:07 PM 05-15-2011
Originally Posted by Catherder:
OT but relevant.

I listed my daycare on here (daycare.com) recently because I was curious and figured I may as well since both of my "competition" are listed on here. I don't have any openings, but you never know what the future will bring in this business.

I had the first call within one hour of hitting submit . By the end of the 5 day work week there had been 11 calls total. All wanting full-time care.

Three were placed on my wait list since they were looking for exactly what I offer (everything ). All were also referred to my "competition" and given a list of local resources and CCR&R's.

Not a bad gig for all of us in this sleepy/hidden community. We are off the beaten track of a major city and in the opposite direction of most locals commute. Exactly where I like to be.

Of course now I have to turn the ringer off / machine on during naptime and weekends....
I have beeen listed on daycarematch.com for one year and got nothing
I also posted on here and got NOThing, but mad. They posetd my address which I asked for it to be removed several times, and after a month it was finally removed but then when you typed in my zip code, my daycare did not come up. it was showing up in a different city....so no more paying sites for me. stinks