View Single Post
Febby 08:29 PM 06-10-2016
I just want to throw out there that my center actually has been steadily raising its rates in response to our insane waiting list. Except for our SA program, there aren't even waiting list spots available right now.

Yet, we are still full with a full waiting lists; far as I know, no one left over the rate increases. The center is simply now one of the most expensive ones in the area. Fortunately, the center is putting the extra income back into the rooms (yay bigger classroom budgets!) and into additional staff training.

On the other hand, there are plenty of cheaper centers in the same area that have plenty of open slots. The perceived (and probably actual) quality of care is lower and therefore less desirable. While there are parents who would happily leave their child with a lower quality provider to save money, there are a lot of parents who don't want to and would rather leave their child with a better provider even if it costs significantly more.

Really, good care is just hard to find. Though I don't get why more people don't utilize the high quality home daycares in my area. They're mostly still full, but for the most part, they aren't as ridiculously full.