View Single Post
treyes 08:40 AM 09-06-2014
Here is my take on this.

I charge for a full week. I do not do part time or drop in.

If a parent wants the spot they have to pay for a full week, no matter if they bring their child everyday or not.

However, if a parent has a day off during the week it usually means they work during the weekend when I am closed. So that means they have to make other arrangements during the weekend.

If they bring their child to daycare on their day off it does not bother me one bit. Maybe they have errands or cleaning or shopping or bill paying or whatever it is they need to do.

Also some of my younger tots do better if they keep a consistent schedule. If mom keeps them home on their day off and they sleep late, go to bed late, are allowed to do whatever all day, eat sugar all day, then the next day they behave terribly at daycare.

Every kid is different. I have one mom who comes in her pajamas at drop off and at pick up. I know she did nothing all day and could have spent the day with her kiddo, but I'm not her keeper.

I charge for a full week so I don't get upset if they come everyday I'm open. Although it is nice when I get a break.