View Single Post
MamaB'sKidz 10:53 AM 03-19-2015
This morning, right after breakfast one of my DCB's hit another child (my own) with a hard plastic toy. This resulted in a busted bloody lip. I calmed the child down cleaned him up and walked over to the DCB that did the hitting. I got down to eye level with him, took the toy away and said we do not hit! Before I could get another word out he punched me right smack in the nose, closed fist and all! I couldn't believe it! This DCB is 2, where in the world do they pick this stuff up from. He comes from a good family. He is a little on the rowdy side, typical boy/2 yr old. But he has never punched anyone before, and definitely never hit me.
Well after I calmed down, I called the mom and had her come pick him up. She seemed annoyed she had to come get him and at the same time upset with her child for doing that. Should I have not called for pick up? What would you have done?
Somedays I feel more like a referee than a daycare provider. Oh any btw...the child that was hit is fine, no stitches needed. He will most likely have a little scar.