View Single Post
delferka 08:48 AM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Faith is a gift too:
The schools & school daycares are closed for 2 weeks here instead of usual 1 for spring break. Child care providers outside of the schools have received instruction from licensing encouraging us to stay open, which I plan on doing, unless we have a confirmed case of Coronavirus, then we close, disinfect, contact the health department, etc....

This has me thinking about social distancing in a childcare setting what that might look like? I myself am trying to keep my distance (although 6 feet is not possible) and still assist the children with what they need. Thankfully I do not have any that are in diapers right now.
At the same time I don't think that it's a reasonable expectation for any child to practice social distancing (I would equate it to torture).

We are washing our hands like usual since we follow standard precautions.

I have a kids Henry the Hand germ video & germ book that we read and talk washing hands about not touching our faces (but they still do-another unreasonable expectation). I've been reviewing these about 1x week since this circus started.

I encourage them to cover their sneezes with her elbows and turn away from their friends if they have a sneeze.

I've removed the cloth/porous toys from the play area and am only keeping toys that can easily be disinfected 2-3x a week. I am cleaning often touched hard surfaces twice as offen.

Besides all this I feel like there is not much else to do and I especially don't want to scare them. I imagine they are concerned since the grown ups are acting strange.

I'm just curious to know what steps everyone else is taking that might be helpful for our kiddos?
I'm in Mass and open, but most of the parents of my kids are in the school system. They are home and getting paid. I'm not sure what they expect from me. Whether I'll be charging them or not