View Single Post
Cat Herder 11:39 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by GuestParent2:
That's an ENTIRELY different situation Cat Herder! And yeah - if your state hasn't shut down chid care centers yet, sure! But I'm referring to all the places where care has been temporarily (but long term) shuttered for all but essential personnel. In those cases, asking for 100% tuition is INSANE to me, because there's nobody there. They aren't allowed to be.

So there are two different conversations happening I think - one where care is still open and if parents choose not to attend then they don't have to but normal rules apply (although - I'm not certain keeping daycares open or attending is smart.. but that's my opinion). The other is care in states where it has been shut down by the state. In those places it needs to have a cost reduction and those carers need to apply for unemployment (as such as the states have changed their usual approval mandates to approve these claims.. which is many).
Then you will just love what my state is doing.

They gave permission for owners to only close the subsidized classrooms guaranteeing full state pay for those kids without attendance. Then they are encouraging those centers to fill those slots/classrooms with private pay clients of essential employees.

Many shut down and laid off employees because they made the decision before the "will still be paid for state clients" announcement, here. It was their choice, though. No one was mandated to close, here. The opposite, they are asking us to take on more kids.