View Single Post
NoMoreJuice! 06:39 AM 04-23-2016
Originally Posted by Michael:
I don't know what level of businesses you may have had experience in but I can tell you many successful people have failed miserably on their way to success. The fact that they persist and do get to their goal should be celebrated.

I guess I am biased since I've lost several businesses and had to let people go for simple reasons that can't always be controlled. I don't think I was the bad guy but I can see how people may not have liked the end result. Its not always easy and is much harder to succeed with your own business.

I do appreciate your perspective. And I am willing to concede that Trump wasn't entirely to blame for his bankruptcies; there was a board, a huge room full of decision makers, and an unpredictable economy to deal with. However, in each company's situation, the spending was outrageous and the income wasn't anywhere near enough to keep up with the extravagance.

Entrepreneurs are risk takers. My husband and I have two successful businesses between us, and it was a big risk to start each of them. I just don't want a risk taker in the White House, because the stakes are higher than just bankruptcy. Look how GWB took risks with human lives for the sake of oil. When a president values profit over human life, they have totally lost my respect and my vote. Bernie values human life so much that he won't plunge us into another unnecessary war, he'll make sure everyone has access to affordable health insurance, and that poor kids have a chance to be educated so that they may not choose a life of crime and prison.