View Single Post
kidsandchicks 07:57 AM 04-24-2016
I'm a fan of limited government in pretty much every aspect. I think so many of us here in this forum can agree that more regulations and oversight to a program, whether it's education, healthcare, business, etc., does not always make for a better program. When I look at Sanders and Clinton, while they are making promises for more 'free' stuff, all I can see are more regulations. More beauracrats sitting behind a desk telling the people who are actually in the trenches of whatever field how to do their job.

Trump I don't trust. While I do agree he has the skills and experience as a business man to possibly make some strong decisions for our country when it comes to trade, he lacks tact and self-control. His ego is too big for his own good. He doesn't know how to be humble, apologize or just shut up when he's dug himself in to a whole. He doubles down and keeps shouting about how smart he is and that drives me nuts.

So, all that being said, I'm voting for Cruz, should his name end up on the ballot. He is the most 'limited-government' choice that we have right now. He's a champion for states rights AND US soveriegnty over other nations coming in and trying to dictate what we do. He's on the right side of trade agreements, how to deal with ISIS and he is super-smart. ;-) He isn't doing a very good job of making himself look like-able (hence all the comments about him being creepy). He's a serious guy, for sure. Although, did anyone catch him on...was it Fallon's show? He appeared in a skit with 'Trump' and it was funny. Anyway, if people could get past wanting a rockstar, media-whore as a president and look for someone with experience and skills, I think more people would like Cruz.