View Single Post
MsKara 06:18 AM 05-19-2010
Originally Posted by QualiTcare:
Originally Posted by MsKara:
However, they had not given me this little boy's schedule yet even though they were supposed to have given it to me well in advance. So he wasn't even scheduled to come again. He was only 2 days a week and mom doesn't work. So I don't see how this put them in a bind. Had they given me his schedule in advance like my contract states, I might have kept him through that schedule, but they gave me nothing, which was a big part of the problem. It was all last minute.
oh, well, that makes sense. i mean, i don't see how it put them in a bind if she doesn't work. i guess she's not used to having to take her kid with her to appointments or whatever.

i still think it was a lot to put in writing. did you talk to them about the scheduling problem before this? i mean, really tell them they had to do x,y,z or you weren't going to be able to keep him anymore.
Your right, I would have sat down and talked to them about it, except that the scheduling wasn't the only problem. Mom kept her kid up till 9:30 every night and when he DID arrive early in the morning the kid was a mess. He cried ALL day long, and acted over tired ALL the time. Unfortunately, she wanted me to stick to an entirely different nap schedule (REALLY REALLY different) and feeding schedule than I could have done. He was eating lunch at 1 and 2 pm at home and napping till 4 or 5 in the evening. It just didn't make sense to try and solve all the MANY problems. She even tried to bring him at 11am one day and lay him down for a nap upstairs (which would have been through lunch) and have me feed him later in the day than all the other children. Just didn't make sense to "work it out". She also was VERY angry with me one day when she had to pick her child up because he was sick. She literally stormed out, barely looking at me.

WORST PART THOUGH: They are moving into MY neighborhood. I will have to see them again and again and they will meet all my friends. It's an awful situation....