Thread: Pacifier Issues
View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 05:24 PM 02-13-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
They are strict about nap/bed only and I'm sure they are not giving in BUT they have to lay down with him so he will sleep

On a side note this particular family is so quick to remove comfort objects, I wish they were as quick to encourage independence with actual life skills like self dressing, behaving appropriately, etc. For some reason it's all about the paci.
I was just talking to my husband about that kind of thing today. I find it funny that the parents that want me to teach their children their colors, abc's, numbers, sign language etc, have no problem not allowing their child to learn how to put their shoes on. Let them put their own coat on, hat on etc. These are valuable lessons that a kindergarten teacher will LOVE!

DCB went to bed without his pacifier just fine. Actually surprised me. I took the advice and found an old pacifier and cut the tip off. Showed it to him and told him it was broken. He threw it in the trash and went to bed with only his blanket. He had 2 of his pacifiers in his diaper bag, so I put them in a baggie and put them high on the shelf. Dcb immediately started ripping everything out of his bag when he saw dad. I kept saying, they're not in there remember they're broke. Told dad that he was fine without it and please don't bring them in the house again. Said, out of sight, out of mind. We'll see how tomorrow goes. IF he comes in with it in his mouth, I"m just going to have him put it in his bag like I always do and when dcb turns around I will grab it out of bag and give it back to dad.