View Single Post
nannyde 05:47 AM 08-03-2010
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
Nannyde, I love reading post by you because I love rules and I think you do too.
Anyways, I am so glad that you are honest about the current child care market. I have not openned yet and I just see so many daycares out there and I get so discouraged. I am glad you dont sugar coat it like everyone else I ask.
I am a LPN right now and I also work at the nursey in the church. I dont know if I could talk about my daycare while at work at the church because of issues of interest but I am hoping that my being an LPN will make parents more inclined to use my services.
We need my income that I make now as a nurse but I would need 4 FT children to make the same money doing daycare, so why not I said. It has been a dream of mine since a little girl, I dont want to regret not doing it.
Any advice you could give someone so excited to start but depressed by all the competition? How do I shine?
Thanks
When you say you are a teacher do you mean a four year degreed teacher or a worker in a day care center that they call teachers?

whoops that was for the OP

Being a LPN is AWESOME and you should use that in your advertising. Parents of newborns LOVE Nurses. I'm a RN and it has taken me to many places in my career.

Can you make some t-shirts up with your logo and wear them to Church when you work in the Nursery?