View Single Post
dEHmom 09:44 AM 11-18-2011
I have to say, I'm on the opposite side of this. BUT I am with my children nearly 24/7 (except my oldest is full time in school now). And I have been a full time parent 24/7 for the last 7.5 years. I have in the last 8 yrs, gone out 3 times without my children. I missed them greatly, but I think in my position, there is far too much quantity not quality. You can't miss someone if they never go away.
My dh and I got in a small disagreement yesterday over me being able to go somewhere without taking the kids with me. His point of view was "well when I go somewhere I usually take at least 1 kid" and in my defence I said, yes, but I am with them everyday all day. Why am I not entitled to 2 hours once every couple of months to not lug the kids around with me?" When I go out in the evening grocery shopping, he expects me to take, and often will just tell 1 or 2 kids to go with mom. For me, now not only do I have to buckle and unbuckle in car seats 10 times (I make several stops in a row), I've also got to load and unload groceries, etc.

I work from home, or was on mat leave before, so it's not the same scenario as it is for moms who work outside of the home.

So far I am lucky because ALL of my parents cannot wait to get their kids and go home. I even have one mom giving me the guilt trip because she's missing so much of her daughter (she's been in daycare for 5 days). First time mom, sad, etc, but I just told her at least she's already walking before starting daycare. Most parents are upset when they miss the first steps or first words.