View Single Post
dEHmom 10:28 AM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I actually feel sorry for my daycare parents. Not only do they work all day but then they come and pick up "my job" (their children) and go home. Their work is never done.

I also think that it is tough for them because I do have it easy as a daycare provider, I have established a good routine with the kids I care for. I have things under control. The kids are much more well behaved for me then for the parents. Many of my dck's leave in fits and tears because they want to stay and play. I feel bad that those are the kinds of kids the parent has to take home after a long day at work.

Yes, they may get adult conversation (thanks, besides this forum, I will pass on that) but it isn't necessarily with people they would choose to have a conversation with. Yes, they get a lunch break but they may not necessarily get to leave the premises or building or even take care of things they need to do. I get to color and play and basically can do whatever I want (obviously within rules and regs). I can eat what I want, when I want and with a whole bunch of people that are a ton more enlightening and enjoyable than most adults I know.

I definately do NOT think working parents have it better. If I did, I would be onbe of them instead of a child care provider.
I do agree with this post. I love what I do, and if I can do this until the day I die I would be happy.

BUT I think that a lot of people do not understand what goes into running a daycare, keeping kids under control, teaching them, playing with them ect. It at times can be ALOT harder than other jobs. I can say, that since I took on my 3rd baby now, I am completely exhausted at the end of the day, and if I sit down when they leave, I would probably fall asleep. Gotta keep moving.

Lots of people, including my dh, think that I can sit on the couch all day and don't have to do much, and can get everything done, like laundry and what not. They don't understand that you take your eyes off the kid for 2 minutes while you flip a load of laundry you're in for a tornado in your house. If you fold a load of laundry, you will likely end up having to refold it. I know one thing that bothers me now is that before I was licensed, I had 1-2 kids, and I was able to do laundry during nap time, etc, and I was hills behind. Now that I'm licensed, it means that I will have to spend my evenings/weekends doing laundry and will likely be mountains behind.