View Single Post
sharlan 05:51 AM 11-21-2011
Everyone is different in how they handle things. What is right for one, is not right for another.

When I worked, it never occurred to me to stop at the store or postoffice. The minute I got out of the carpool van I headed straight to my kids' daycare to pick them up, then we ran whatever errands I needed to. It just never crossed my mind to do otherwise. If I wasn't at work, my kids were with me.

I've never had a problem with my parents making a quick stop at the store, or wherever, because they usually were in a hurry to get to their kids.

One dd, never makes a stop without asking first. Rarely does she go out for alone time without her 4 yo. We do run errands together on the weekend and her dh watches the little one if he doesn't want to go.

My other dd, does stop for retail therapy a couple of times a month. She is in desperate need for alone time. Her dh has some issues and goes from being super helpful to sitting in front of the tv not seeing the world. IF she is lucky, 1 of her kids will sleep through the night, but that's rare. She's a very light sleeper and gets about 4 hrs sleep a night, but that's broken into 1 hr segments. She is perpetually worn out and exhausted. I keep the kids overnight about once a month, just so she can sleep.

I don't understand having kids, and then not wanting to be a parent.