View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 11:17 AM 05-19-2010
After reading your letter, emails and her responses I don't see anything wrong other than you did not give them 2 weeks notice. The notice itself looks like you're leaving them in the lurch and terminating immediately. I would have added your offer of being available in case they needed you or given them a two weeks notice with the choice to opt not to use it with no additional cost.

Everything else was well worded and explanitory. You explained your conversation with her husband to make sure that she understood that you did in fact offer.

One thing that I do different however when I am terming a child is not to give a real explination in the termination letter itself. I simply say something like "I am unable to provide the services that your child/family needs". That way I'm letting them go and there is no real reason. If they want to discuss the reasons why I am terming them then I will e-mail so that I have a paper trail but even in that explination I am vague. Either way she's gone and soon so will your headache.