View Single Post
mamac 03:27 PM 03-19-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I tell them that. I don't care if I offend anyone.

I do have a form that says:

I ________________ understand that ***XX carries liability insurance. I also understand that this policy will ONLY cover my enrolled child on scheduled days of attendance as well as the enrolling parent.

NO responsibility will be taken for any unauthorized person who accompanies me onto ******X's property. This includes adults I ask to drop off/pick up my child and/or siblings of the child or anyone else present while picking up or dropping off.

The parent must sign and date it.

I KNOW that legally, this form may not stop anyone from trying to sue me but it definitely helps let parents know that I don't have insurance just so they can make a few bucks later on....kwim?

I had a DCM several years back that was walking backwards down my sidewalk (which is EXTRA wide) as she waved to her child. She was also on her cell. She tripped on her own self and fell. She tried to tell me that my insurance would have to cover her medical expenses and missed days of work as well as pay her for her pain and suffering.

I told her that I was NOT filing because SHE wasn't capable of doing more than one thing at a time. It helped that I had it on video too but come on.... seriously?!? I am NOT paying for someone else's stupidity.
I love that you have a form for everything! I will be getting separate dc insurance but I am waiting until I open because I have to change my homeowners carrier to one that will allow me to have a dc in my home. My dh also wants me to have cameras installed before I open to CMA should anything like that happen. Too many people out there looking to make an easy buck.