View Single Post
misol 09:11 AM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by marniewon:
I would be way more concerned that your childcare facility is sharing personal medical info with others than the fact that there is ONE non-immunized child attending there. Like a pp said, you can get "germs" from non/under-immunized people everywhere you go! You can't control the rest of the world, and you can't even control your childcare center, so your best bet is just to stop worrying what you can't control and focus on what you can.

It sounds like you want to hear that this family should be made to leave this daycare because you've been there longer. It's not against the law to not be immunized, and and it's not even against licensing standards to no be immunized - as long as that family signs a waiver.

My 3 teenagers were all immunized when they were supposed to be. However, if I knew then what I know now, there's no way I would immunize them....or at the very least, I would delay them until their little immune systems were stronger and better able to handle the viruses put into their little bodies! Now that I know more, we do not get the flu shots, my dd did not get the guardia (or whatever that's called, to prevent cervical cancer) and they won't. Not until they are old enough to make their own decisions and choose to get them (which they won't).

The people who choose not to immunize their children are not giving them a death sentence, nor are they abusive or neglectful. They choose not to immunize because of their research into immunizations, and understand the risks to both (immunizing and NOT immunizing).

I would welcome a non-immunized child into my daycare, as I would consider them very informed parents. And once your child turns one, and has all the immunizations, then you are home free, because no one who's been immunized ever comes down with that sickness, right?
Very well said marniewon. If this is that big of a concern for the op, I would suggest that she find another daycare for her children (or at least the youngest child) to attend until she felt that her child was fully immunized and no longer at risk.

Sounds like the only real violation here is that this daycare is sharing personal records information.