View Single Post
LysesKids 08:19 PM 08-17-2016
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Hi everyone,
I just received a letter from our homeowners insurance (allstate) which we've had since 2000. The letter says that we have 30 days to prove that I no longer have a home daycare or they will drop us.

I called the 800 number and they don't know why they would drop us since they KNOW that we have a home daycare. I had the daycare insurance through them for a few years and then switched to a company that has better coverage at the suggestion of their agent!

It's SO frustrating! Does anyone have suggestions of insurance companies that offer home owners coverage for a home that has a home daycare?

Thanks!
State Farm covered me in WV when I was licensed for 6 kids (2001) & still covers me in TN as licensed exempt for 4 babies (They covered me in AR for 5 - I currently have the state recommended liability coverage for a licensed home); they also cover my car... point is they will cover you as long as you are running legal for your state, but you do get a discount on the homeowners/renter if you have car coverage as well; I lived in manufactured housing in 2001 and live in an Energy star home now that is still considered a mobile home, so it doesn't have to be stick built as long as it is state legal