View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 11:45 AM 04-08-2018
I need serious help with my t/s%. I have all the measurements, but I just don't know how to do it right. I just bought Tom's book, so once i get it, I will be so much smarter, but for now, can someone show me how to figure this?

As far as my time, I already have how many actual hours I care for children. It is 2,248. That does not take into account anything else that you can claim time for, researching, cleaning, interviews, etc. I do training online, so that's 10 hours a year I do with that also. So I was kinda figuring a total with that of about 2800 hrs a year. Does that seem about right? So that's 32%

As far as my space, this is what I have, but I have zero idea how to calculate it.

According to the township, we have 1,827 square feet in our house. It's a 1 story ranch with basement. We don't use the basement for daycare, but I do have a laundry room down there that I use for washing sheets for the kids, blankets, bibs etc.
That room is 10 X 6, so 60 sq feet

In addition, these are my measurements:

Playroom used 100% exclusively for daycare is 10 X 12 = 120 sq feet

Hall and entrance way is 131 square feet

Living Room 294 square feet

Kitchen/dining 228 square feet

My bedroom which I do planning in the evening, going over records etc. No kids use my room. 180 square feet

My sons room I have a desk in there since he's in school and I do computer work in there. 144 square feet

My daughters room 144 square feet and my own bathroom in my bedroom is 30 square feet. I don't use these 2 rooms at all for daycare.

Main Bathroom 72 square feet

Garage that houses all the outside toys is 676 square feet.

Can someone please help me and show me how to figure this? Thank you so much. This is my last hurdle this year!