Thread: Rates
View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:09 PM 09-11-2019
Originally Posted by Araem910:
I’m curious about what others charge. What are rates for all day and what are “ all day” hours? What do you charge for before school care and lastly, what do you charge for part time ( 5 hours or less).

I charge based on contracted hours so there is no such thing in my program as all day hours. I do not have standard open to close hours and open when the first child is scheduled to arrive and close when the last child is scheduled to be picked up.

Parents provide the times they need and then stick to them. Even if other children are scheduled to be in attendance later. So if Jane's mom says 4:00 pick up, she is late and charged a fee if she arrives any time after 4:00.

My rates are weekly and are based on the pick up time.
I do not discount rates for absences or time not used.

I do offer weekly rates for 3, 4 and 5 days a week and those too have parameters such as the 3 or 4 days (and times) specified in a family's contract is the ONLY time care is available for them without additional fees added.

For example if you contract for M,T,F care you pay for M,T,F care regardless of absences and you need to add in Wednesday you pay for that day IN ADDITION to paying for M,T,F. Make sense?

I do not provide care to school aged children and just this year amended my policies to no longer offer care to children that attend a preschool.

My rates are loosely based on pick up time. For example if Family A contracts for 5 days a week with a 3:00 pick up time and Family B contracts for 5 days a week with a 5:00 pick up time, Family B will pay a much higher weekly rate than Family A.

I do not count hours in care. The only hour I care about is which one the child is scheduled for pick up.

As for what I charge... I have no issue sharing although it is considered illegal to share with those in direct competition with you but you will find that what each program charges is very individual to not only each provider but each of the different areas as well.

I know a provider in the southern part of my state that charges almost twice what I do but again, she lives in a completely different area so she clearly tailors her rates to match her community.

My weekly rate starts at $140 minimum to $225 maximum