View Single Post
Cat Herder 07:06 AM 12-02-2011
I am doing our December THEMES (story time, illustration images) based on how different FAMILIES celebrate together. It will be about joy, love, giving, hope and FAMILY time together. Some will not even be human...snowmen, reindeer, penguins, bears...etc.

Looking at beautiful multicultural photos showing families eating, playing and spending time together is my only curriculum goal. Isn't that the point of all of it?

Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer is one of my childhood hero's. Island of misfit toys was my childhood dream vacation place. Frosty the Snowman never even declared his religion to my knowledge....he just wanted to be our friend.

My Christmas PARTY will include a gift exchange and sugar cookies. Simple enough for me. The way I was raised was such that I could care less if you wanted to worship a cardboard box. It is your right and I would lay down my life to protect that right.....Freedom of Religion. On the flip side, I will fight to the death to protect my right NOT to have to worship YOUR box.