View Single Post
HappyEverAfter 07:25 PM 12-27-2017
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
I have found a cool room with a warm sleep sack plus loud white noise does the trick. I have a loud fan in my nap room that drowns out pretty much all noise. When I first start nap training a child, I start them out alone in the nap room. I move my other really great nappers just outside the nap room for a few weeks until I get the new napper trained. The new napper can cry, talk, scream, whatever. I go in every 10 minutes and make sure they don't have a dirty diaper, say "shh it's nap time" and walk back out. It usually takes me 2 weeks at the most to get them trained. I turn on music when nap time is over so they equate the music with nap time being over instead of crying. I got that tip from a poster here and it really works. Once they start napping a solid hour, I move my good nappers back in the nap room and start training everyone how to nap together.
Not to take this thread off the main question of the op, but how do you train everyone to nap in the same room? All mine are currently in separate rooms but schedule changes with some of the kids will change my ability to keep it this way next summer as I’ll be short one room. One of my goals is to get my two oldest (8 months and 17 months) napping in the same room by next May and I’d love to hear any tips you have!