View Single Post
Unregistered 09:45 AM 02-19-2013
There are a handful of states that legally require that all parties be privy to the audio recording, but it is less than around 10 I think. Most states are a "one-party" state, meaning only one party has to be aware of the recording. Now this could go either way, you could say well the parent isn't a party to the conversation so therefore they can not be recording. But it could also be argued that the child is a minor therefore the parent can give the consent on behalf of the child, and since the child is a part of the recording it is OK.

I see the point about the other parents being upset because their child is being recorded without their consent.

As a parent I will do anything to insure that my child is being taken care of. It is so easy for a provider to show good face to the parent and as soon as the parent leaves turn into a mean person. I mean how is a six month old supposed to tell you that their daycare provider is abusing or neglecting them? They can't. All I'm saying is if a retailer can send in secret shoppers to retail stores, or hidden TV camera crews take an "inside look" at places like tanning salons. Why the heck can't we do the same to the people that are taking care of the most important persons in our lives. Especially such vulnerable individuals.

I understand why you would be offended and I think it is great that you have nothing to hide. I guess I just understand parents that would choose to do something like this, just to make sure their child is being well taken care of.