View Single Post
E Daycare 11:14 AM 02-12-2011
I personally opened my daycare to be able to stay home with DS. My mother died when my brother and I were little and the memories I have of her were from doing all the things she did with us because she was able to stay home too. Id like for my DS to have mommy memories too. Regardless if I die at 95 or at 30, like she did. I have a "live like today's your last day" approach to my life and have for the past 16yrs.

That being said, I wasnt always a stay at home mom. I worked for a marketing firm for 4 yrs before I decided to stay home. Before marketing I did facility daycare. My son will be 2 in July and its been almost a year (at the end of this month itll be a year!) that Ive stayed home. My marketing company changed face after I had my DS and on lunch breaks I worked on getting my Child development Certification. Once that was obtained along with all the CPR/AED/First Aid certs I threw in the towel and had enough. I worked long hours for crap wages and treatment and was missing out on the only child El Hub and I were going to have.

I love this job. I have moments of wanting to scream at all the crap that comes with it but I wouldnt have it any other way (well except for maybe being rich and not having to do anything lol.). I feel productive, I have wonderful DC children (yes, even dcg who chews like a new puppy) and I get to have exceptional time with my son.

Im going to school for my degree in Business Management too. My ultimate goal is to run/open my own facility once DS goes to school.