View Single Post
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 11:08 AM 12-14-2017
What eventually worked for my son was sitting him in the hallway with me staring at him. He was much the same way at naps when put in the nap room with the group. So basically we would do nap routine and everyone would lay down together. As long as he was laying quietly on his bed I left him be, the first moment he was out of line (too loud, off mat, doing flips, etc...) I moved him to the hallway to sit and let him do his thing there away from the audience. Basically he got a "time out" from nap time. In the beginning I literally had to sit and do nothing but watch him. It was exhausting, he "tested" in every way possible to see if anything would get a reaction. Once he was done (this took 30 minutes or more in the beginning) we moved back into the nap room, rinse repeat a million times. During this time I basically had to give up any glimmer of break that I normally get during nap time. I will add that, had it not been my own kid, I would have let him go. In the thick of it I was sure it would never end. These days he goes right in and lies down with no issues, but it was a looooong road.

If she's faking sleep, I personally would wait her out. Grab a book and plan on staying in the nap room an hour or more. Eventually her fake sleep will catch up with her.