View Single Post
LysesKids 09:07 AM 03-27-2016
Originally Posted by Darling:
I run an in home daycare. We completed our state registration in October of last year (5 months ago). So far all I've managed to bring in is one little girl for two days per week. We had another little one for 2 days before her parents put her into a large center. I advertise multiple times per week on Craigslist, and have adds up at every online classified listing site I can find. We are listed on our states CCRR referral list but have gotten nothing through it. I'm active and advertise on Facebook groups, as many as I can find. We have put up flyers and signs in our area.

Our website seems to land traffic, we are listed with Google and Bing. We offer a sign up promotion. Any ideas or recommendations for improvements? www.DarlingDucklingsPortland.com.

I hope this doesn't come across as advertising or pandering. I'm just getting desperate. My husband has been working 2 jobs to get us through until the daycare takes off. Savings are going to run out. I need kids soon or I will have to start making other plans. And ideas welcome.
Honey, it can take months to fill spots, we have all been there. Are your rates competitive with others around you for what you offer? What makes you different - parents will want to know.

I looked thru the site too... I don't like that first page - there is nothing on it that says to me Hey, this is an overview of what we offer ( inc ages, perks etc); it's Boring and doesn't entice me to go further into the site. Question? Are you on the food program AND why are you offering snack just an hour before lunch? Make Breakfast start at 8:30 & drop the morning snack otherwise you will be wasting food come 11:30a. Most FP allow for a certain # of hours between meals & snacks.

Another question - why take the Pics with the drapes closed - open those puppies up & let the natural light do it's thing. I also agree that the duckling doings page needs re-work... just my opinion.