Thread: Crying Child
View Single Post
JennyBear 10:58 AM 10-12-2011
I recently went through this with 2 daycare kids. One was 12 months and the other was 10.5 months. Sounds like they did the same thing your daycare kid is doing. I couldn't put these kids down for 2 seconds without them crying, and even following me around. It was so annoying and put a damper on everyone's day. The only advice I have for you is to provide an area for the little one to play in (maybe a playpen?) or let them be on the floor with the other children. Let the child cry and do not pick up unless you have to for. It will drive you nuts, but hang in there. When it came time for me to do a craft or circle time with the other children, I would just put the criers upstairs in their playpen for a quiet time so that I could speak to the other children and be heard. Sometimes the little ones would fall asleep or just calm down. Once I went to get them and brought them down the crying would begin again (if it had stopped) but then I just carried on my day and never picked up. It will stop soon!
Within a couple of weeks this behavior has stopped and everything got easier. Both kids are still here and are doing very well. They go about their day and don't care what I'm doing or who I'm with.
I know it seems like it will never end but hang in there.