View Single Post
Heidi 12:04 PM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
wow! 18??? Holy Toledo. Outrageous

Well, she is just doing it because she "loves kids", not for the illegal cash she is raking in. (sorry to beat the "unregistered" dead horse again)

Yep, there is plenty of money in state budgets, but the urgency isn't there. Until someone dies. THEN there will be a public outcry. For a
. Then it will go back on the back burner.
I very nearly choked when my PA told me how "wonderful" this person was because she "sometimes even does care for free when parents can't afford it".

In the meantime, the provider's brand-new house was HUGE. The day I visited, she was serving afternoon snack. A box of animal crackers, which the children would walk or crawl over to her for, and she'd give them handfuls. Like feeding bread to the ducks at the park...lol.

What really pisses me off is that she shut down due to being "harassed" by licensing, then reopened a few months later. She tells people that she "has her license back" (she was regulated at one time, NEVER licensed), and they believe her. We have to post our license, but of course, parents don't know this.

People in the community just say "oh well, as long as she's taking good care of the kids".

Um....she had 18 kids there, what does "taking care of them" mean to you?