View Single Post
PAMommy1228 11:46 AM 09-23-2010
How do you handle them? Like ones that cannot afford daycare, but they are going to apply for the program?

I've had too many problems with parents that are receiving these benefits. One parent came to me last year with 2 kids and said she was living in a homeless shelter because she left her husband and needed help. She was applying for the program. We filled out the paperwork and she said she would send it in. (big mistake). One day she never showed up again leaving a huge bill that I still need to go after her for. I called daycare assistance and they said that they never recieved paperwork, but someone was getting the money.

Another parent applied stayed in my care, she had been there for a year and 1/2 starting having difficulties paying, but when she got it, they didn't pay as much as she thought, so she still has an outstanding bill that she is supposed to be paying off. At least I am getting the current at the moment.

This last parent, applied as well. Told me she got approved for 52 hours, etc. So I have been waiting for about a week for the approval notice and my invoice for August. Finally I called just to make sure they had an agreement on file. It took them a second, but come to find out about a week ago she got denied because she makes too much. So now I got to figure out how to get 500 from her, when she can't even pay her light bill.

How do you handle these type of people? Do they have to pay a deposit, or a weekly fee? If they pay too much do you reimburse them?