View Single Post
Indoorvoice 09:55 AM 03-28-2016
Originally Posted by KristinsHomeCC:
Let me start out by saying I absolutely love my job. When you get to work for yourself, set your own hours, decide which kids you help care for, decide which parents to work with/who not to work with and to spend my days watching children play and learn in my safely created enviroment is pretty awesome. I love it and don't think I could ever go back to working for someone else.

I am finding a lot of my days are filled with anxiety. I don't have panic attacks or anxiety attacks, it's just constant worry. I'm always watching the clock - not because I can't wait to close up but because I am anxious about parents arrivals. I get fidgety around 4 because I know that's when it'll start, and from 4-6 (close) I am biting my nails and watching the window. I could not tell you why. I have nightmares through the night that I'm going to sleep through my alarm and miss a parent knocking on the door at 7:30. I wake up every 20 mins or so from 6 a.m on, checking my phone to make sure I'm still clear to sleep. It's absolutely exhausting and it's starting to take it's toll!

I've scaled down so much, I only have 2 DCK's and my son. State of FL says I can only have 3 more but this anxiety/constant anxiousness is prohibiting me from being successful. I'm finding I am immediately wanting to turn potential families down because I know each child I add into my care will add 2 more arrivals each day. I can't seem to relax at all and realize this happens every day. I also realized that I feel very hot and sweaty when parents arrive and most of the time I forget to tell them certain things about their childs day because I am so flustered and nervous while they are picking up.

I have thought about scheduled times but the daycare children I have now both signed up with me knowing they had varying schedules. My infants mom is in the same time every morning but gets off at different times. She is pretty good about texting me when she is on her way if she is going to be earlier than usual so she makes me feel better. My other DCK's father sends me a text each week with her schedule but I still find myself so anxious. In my head, my day stops around 4 and the remaining 2 hours are preparing/thinking about pick ups.

Does this sound crazy?!
Actually, I haven't been able to pinpoint what my problem is until you just described me exactly in your post. I even have most of my parents coming right around the same time every day, but the occasional early pick up throws me through a loop. I started noticing other things in my life that get me really anxious too and actually set up an appointment with a therapist next month. So, no you're definitely not crazy or alone, but I feel we need to get it under control! I'll follow this thread and let you know if I come up with anything that works.