View Single Post
marniewon 07:13 AM 01-13-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I will share a similar story about my own DS. When he was about 6 my DS and another dcb were outside playing and my DS comes inside and says tome, "Mom, John hurt my finger" and he holds up his hand so I can see his right index finger. I look and it looks a little red on top but then I notice a drop of blood fall onto the floor and I say, "Let me see the other side of your hand" He shows me and I about lost it!! His finger bone was sticking out about 2 inches and the finger was split right open and looked like it was blown open in an explosion! I got so dizzy and faint like...my DS meanwhile is just standing there calm as could be (in shock, I'm sure).
Wow Blackcat - how in the world does something like that happen? I can imagine how you felt, I got a little sick feeling just reading about it!! Several years ago I was in nursing school, loving it, looking forward to my new career. Then my son broke his arm. I took him to the ER and while we were waiting for the doc I called my dh to come to the hospital (don't even remember why now). By the time dh got there I was feeling so sick that I had him sit with ds so I could go to the restroom and splash cold water on my face, sit down (so as not to pass out) and basically regroup. And that was over a simple break - no blood, no guts, no seeing the bone or anything. Needless to say, that was my last semester of nursing school