View Single Post
Kaddidle Care 04:29 AM 09-23-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered,:
I think that I might be in trouble.
So yesterday was my daughter back to school night. I have missed back to school night for the last 5 years because of DC. Well this BSN, my daughter was asked to sing solo the National Anthem. The music class did a theme on different countries of the world, my daughter had a solo presentation of singing in French, Arabic and Gaelic. I was not going to miss it this year for anything.
So as normal, I informed the parents a month in advance. I sent out reminders weekly and posted it everywhere all over my house. I even sent a text the morning of the event that I would be closing early so I could attend this event. NOT one parent seemed to mind, no one said anything at all.
So yesterday I am getting ready to leave and I still have one families kids here. I called the parents 5 min before I was to leave to remind them again. I got no answer. I called both parents. Well I waited a total of 15 minutes and no one came. I was not going to go down the list of emergency contacts so as stated in my PHB/policies if you are not here to pick up your children on time and I have some where to be, I will take the kids with me. Well, I loaded up the kids in the car and off I went. I kept my phone on me and checked it often. Finally about 30 min. into the singing concert, my phone rings and it’s the DCM.. Boy is she mad.
Long story short, I end up having to leave the concert to take the kids to meet the mom out front of the school. I missed my daughters performance and the mom was so mad that she said that she will be turning me in?? UGH My emotions are all over the place and I am not too sure what I should do? BTW the kids are not here today and I have not called DCP to ask anything……
What should I do right now and why do I feel like I am at fault?
BTW even if the DC family forgives me, they are not welcome back here. They cost me something that I can never replace. Oh and my daughter was really upset when she told me she noticed that I had to get up and walk out in the middle of the concert and did not get to see her perform….She said “those kids robbed you of seeing me at my best again mom” I cried most of the night last night….
Based on that last line I'm gathering that this is not the first time these parents have let you down. It was time to end it.

I feel so bad for you and your daughter when it's evident that you are a very caring Mother.

If I'm putting 2&2 together properly, this is the mother that thinks nothing of missing her own daughters events. Her own isn't a priority with her so yours means even less.

I hope you get an excellent replacement.