View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:42 PM 04-24-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
My understanding is; it only voids the contract if it was part of the contract. I just read up on this the other day when there was another contract discussion. OP said it WAS part of the contract, though.

So, even if you (we dcp's) violate our policies or the state regs, it does not breach the contract. Violating the regs would mean the parent can call licensing, but it would not affect their obligation to the contract.

If we (as providers) violate the contract, THEN it breaches the contract, and the parent can walk away.

That's why our contract should only involve finances. Costs, late fees, days off, etc. It should never have policies unrelated to finances, permission slips, etc.
Maybe Tom could chime in on this? I know he'll know!
Why then would the provider have given the parent a permission slip to sign then?

Plus most states require providers to have additional insurance policies/coverages if they transport kids.

I can't imagine who would have been liable had there been an accident with the OP's child in the car and the provider driving....