View Single Post
Unregistered 06:45 PM 02-11-2014
Kidgrind:

This is nothing about being sneaky--I appreciate that it's in your contracts and your parents know up front, and no one should be surprised...but that doesn't make it fair.

What if your contract said, "Sometimes, when I've personally overspent my bank account that month, I'll charge all you parents extra to make sure I have personal spending money. That way I can still go out to dinner every Saturday."

Is it in your contract? Yes. Do the parents get to decide up front if they will ACTUALLY pony up when it happens. Yes.

.....but does that make it FAIR? Nooooo.

And, oh wait...before I address the other part of your post, Kidgrind, can you please clarify something for me? You said this: "It’s fair. As a business owner I still have costs whether the children enrolled come or not."

Are you really saying that even when YOU PERSONALLY decide that you WILL NOT care for the children that day, you still think it's fair to charge the parents because you have to cover the costs of running your business? I can't imagine you mean it this way...

Or do you mean that if a parent CHOOSES not to come that day, they still have to pay? (I agree with this charge. You're right-on to charge for this.)

MV, I'm really sorry to hear about your Grandpa, and I think we're on the same side of this discussion. Is it legal? Sure. Is it common? Sure. But does it TOTALLY SUCK AND DESERVE SOME IMPASSIONED PLEAS FOR THE INSANITY TO STOP? Absolutely.

(Clearly my snow day complaint isn't even in the same world of seriousness as what's upsetting you. So sorry to hear you're dealing with that.)

And for those of you telling your four year olds (and me) that "life's not fair", I hope in reality that you are *sometimes* adding at the end of that phrase, "and maybe it's time someone spoke up and started a dialog to try to convince people to start doing the right thing".