View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 03:35 PM 04-07-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Tom will know. But again, you won't be able to include the shopping or trainings in the TS% because they're not done in your home. UNless you do online trainings, or homework from regular classes, at home.

The way I do mileage for shopping is figure out how many miles to certain stores I regularly shop at, then count my receipts to that store. And as long as my purchases total more than 50% for dc I can count the trips.
Do you also count going to the dump or paying for trash pick-up in your deductions? I didn't notice if you had or not.
I do most, if not all of my trainings online, so I can do that? That makes complete sense about only things done in the home. Our trash pickup fee is in our taxes, which I'll take a % of. We don't get a separate bill for that. When I grocery shop, I would have to say at least 75% of the food I buy, the kids get too. We basically share all the food. Now, a few days ago I went to get things just for our dinner and I also had to get some white out, so I just paid for that separately, so I could claim the mileage. Is that wrong?

Bonus is I'm still doing paperwork for last year and I found the receipt for the new screen door that I had to put up because the kids kept breaking my other one. It was $341. Do I use the t/s on that?