View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:47 AM 07-06-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My daughter and her family recently moved, found a daycare that they love, has a good focus on education, low adult:child ratios, close to home... all the good stuff.

About a week after they started taking my granddaughter, the biting started. She came home with a bite. OK, they're 2 1/2, it happens, whatever. However, in the last 3 months, my granddaughter has been bitten- by the same child- NINE times. On her arms, on her hand, on the back of her leg, on her FACE. They have talked to the teachers, they have emailed the director, not really much has been done about it because "it's expected at this age." The parents of the biter know (they're "sorry"), other kids have been bitten (we don't know the frequency of these episodes), and yet nothing has changed.

My daughter and SIL asked to have my granddaughter moved from that room ("toddler" room) to the "preschool" room, even though she won't be 3 for another 6 weeks or so. The school complied, and things have been fine- until yesterday. They were out on the playground with a couple of other classes- including her old class. Guess who got bitten again? Not once, but TWICE. By the same kid. Because she "isn't a good sharer" (according to the biter). My daughter talked to the director again this morning, and was actually told "I don't appreciate being attacked" when my daughter insisted that she share what is actively being done to correct the biting (actually, nothing is being done- and confirmed by the director). I guess it's OK for 3 year olds to be "attacked" though.

My daughter feels like her child is not in a safe environment (I tend to agree), and is going to remove her from the daycare as soon as she finds another option. And she certainly isn't going to send my 5 month old grandson next month as she had planned. She is disappointed that the center is not taking this seriously, and is wondering if there are any other suggestions short of removing her from the center that they once loved?
Unfortunately there aren't many solutions other than withdrawing from care...which I would have done so a LOT sooner than now and I certainly would NOT be waiting to find other another option..... the ONLY option I see is immediate.

Can I ask what state this is?