View Single Post
Unregistered 04:41 PM 08-13-2015
I agree with the pps. I would also be looking for another center. I am a former center director of a large chain in my state, and dealt with many accidents that lead to injuries needing stitches, etc. Our protocol was always inform our President or if he was out on vacation the person next in command so they could do their thing to inform the company lawyers and insurance company. They were both always reachable 24/7. At the same time I would be filling out and sending in our liability insurance forms to the main office so they could send it to our insurance company. I always spoke to the injured child's parents that day, if I was gone for the day my lead teacher would call me and I would call the parents asap from wherever I was. We were taught never to leave the parents hanging until the next day. We always told the parents if there are medical expenses due to the injury, to let us know and send the bill to the main office. Thankfully the injuries were usually caused by the child themselves, and the parents really trusted us and not one at my center ever asked us to pay their medical expenses even though we offered. The parents were understanding and realized their children were just being kids/clumsy, etc and get hurt. I think it was also because we showed by our actions that we cared about their children, which unfortunately your son's center does not seem to be showing by not speaking to you immediately after the injury.